IT Maturity, Inc. will be giving a presentation on “Improving Leadership with IT” at this years Penguicon in Southfield, Michigan.
Here is a description:
Exceptional leadership is the ability to methodically and continually create heroes! From an organizational perspective, most leadership research and theory is focused around individual leader psychology. IT Maturity takes an alternative IT perspective of leaders as entities operating within organizations, orchestrating how other entities interact with each other, to optimize productivity. IT Maturity Leadership includes principles in five different categories: Management, Organization (structure), Extent (of activities), Culture, and Vision. IT tools can be used to help enterprises to do this both technically and organizationally (i.e. enable individuals to excel).
We live in an era of massive change and growth. We are just at the beginning of this era and are privy to only the first small steps. What we have witnessed over the last few decades in science, technology, process, and culture will be dwarfed by what is very soon to follow. This group’s purpose is to discuss and foster this evolution from the perspective of Leadership and associated tools and processes.
We will be taking a hard look at what context Leadership exists in, what elements it works with, and what it means. We will also look at newly available processes, technology tools, and training. Our focus will be on education, analysis, evolving activities within enterprises, and what the future will bring.
In this first meeting, we will talk about:
1) Leadership as the enablement of entities to act and interact within an environment. (See http://itmaturity.com Lead Improve).
2) Identification of Topics of interest to the group, as well as identifying volunteers to either present or obtain presenters.
Presentations will be from 5 to 30 minutes, with additional associated discussion and networking.
Benzinga – 1 Campus Martius, Suite 200, Detroit, MI
1. If your Meetup name does not include your first and last name, please mail your first and last name to the organizer. We need this for security registration to get into the Benzinga space.
2. You must bring your ID (license) to register to get into our space. You will not be able to come to our space without a valid ID.
3. Arrive at least 15 min. ahead of time for parking and registration time. You all will need to be registered separately.